videos

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ab-themes 8 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)
  • Author

amicus
    Participant

Hello,
    Could you please help me with the self-hosted videos? I tried to use ‘Video – HTML5’ drag and drop element and place the full file path, but didn’t have much success. The space where the video was supposed to be, was black with error message.

Thank you.

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi,

for some reason we can’t login to your WordPress account, did you change your password? Please send us new credentials in a private field so we can check what is going on.

Thank you

Regards

amicus
    Participant

Hello,
    Yes, please check.

Thank you.

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi,

unfortunately, we can’t edit or test nothing without administrator rights.
    So, be sure that you upload .mp4 and .webm files to your “Media” and then video will be shown on every browser.

Kind regards

amicus
    Participant

Sorry, I changed your status to admin now. Please take a look.

Thank you.

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi,

we see that you not uploaded all files that is necessary to this video work.

So, on this link

https://www.sendspace.com/file/usfaog

we are sending you test files for example, but you need to create yours to video look like you want.

After we uploaded test files at your site, video html5 shortcode still doesn’t work, we think this happens because you maybe install some third party plugin.
    Try to deactivated plugins one by one and test then.

We also sending you screenshot to see that this video works fine on our demo theme, we test it.

Cheers

amicus
    Participant

Hello,
    I don’t have any 3rd party plugins on that install.

What I’ve noticed is that in the console error message the file name was changed.
    For example in the media gallery the file name is http://ftp-amicusattorney.azurewebsites.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/milano.mp4
    And the error message is http://ftp-amicusattorney.azurewebsites.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/milano.mp4?_=3 (see ?_=3 has been added at the end).

And also I see that you placed the same video in different formats (mp4, ogv, etc.) to the short code. Does this mean that I should have the same video in different formats in order to play it on the page?

Please help me.

Thank you

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi,

on that links you send us we see only this message

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

so yes please, you need to have the same video in different formats to play it on your page because WordPress requirements that for HTML5 video :(

Cheers

amicus
    Participant

Hello,
    I’ve uploaded all files and still have that error message. Could you please look closely into it?

Thank you.

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi,

we activate DND builder on our server and all with Video HTML5 works fine. We also add one more video named “skydive” to your page but with no success.
    Try to remember what is last code that you change when Video shortcode is worked.

Cheers

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘videos’ is closed to new replies.