This shortcode doesn’t have attributes

Home Forums Dzen WordPress Theme This shortcode doesn’t have attributes

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ab-themes 10 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author

TaloConsulting
    Participant

verytime I bulid a page through Drag and Drop, I keep getting a ” This shortcode doesn’t have attributes”.

This happens everytime I take the time to build out a page and then return to the same page and modify a widget within a section. Please help troubleshoot the issue with me.

I’ve privately provided my info to you to debug including an example page.

This is not limited to the example I’ve provided as you can create a new page and try a few edits/modifications. Eventually the issue returns.

Thanks in advance for your time…

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi,
    is it possible that you provide us with FTP access also? Only plugin folder would be enough..

We really want to fix this issue it is crucial for us.

We had similar issue reported once before and fixed it very easy, it was some combination of characters that was breaking the parser.. that particular case is fixed in current version.

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Also please set my WP user as admin or at least author, so i can edit post/page..

TaloConsulting
    Participant

Hi there,

Thanks for the response and yes I know the weekend was definitely going to be a factor for response times – but really appreciate the time here btw!

As you’ve noticed, I’ve given you admin access in WP. Feel free to do whatever you need.

FTP Info is here as well…

TaloConsulting
    Participant

Just wanted to let you know. I had installed your latest version to try and test a resolution and then reverted back to an older one to debug/back track as it didnt quite do the trick.

Again, just wanted to share that info with you!

Cheers and thanks,
    Talo

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Thank you for all information, i have identified where the problem is. Shortcode name was written with small letters prefix (text_dd) and shortcode is text_DD..
    I have changed shortcode name on that page you provided to me and it works now..
    Did you write that shortcode by yourself in Text tab or is it generated by Drag and Drop?

TaloConsulting
    Participant

I used the Drag and Drop… so I do confirm that I did not hand code the shortcode.

Ultimately when my drag and drop was failing, I decided to use one of you sample pages and then modified through eliminating sections (through drag and drop). Still ended up failing on me when I modified titles and content.

Any thoughts? Thanks again for looking into this. Really appreciated.

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Please help me with some more info – what browser and OS you use?
    I’m trying to replicate that behavior but unsuccessful till now, shortcode always stays the same…
    Did you notice any pattern when it appears?

TaloConsulting
    Participant

Absolutely…

This is happening using both Chrome (34.0.1847.131 m) and IE 11.

IE 11 seems to function better in general with the Drag and Drop elements I’ve found. For example, when adding “Tabs” or an “Accordian”, I noticed I have no scrollbar in Chrome to the to the Insert button, whereas in IE it works perfectly.

From a development perspective, I have very few plugins (such as AdBlock) for my Chrome so it’s very “vanilla” so to speak. I barely use IE unless it’s to test compatibility.

I’m glad at least you identified a workaround with the Tag, so i’ll take this manual route for the time being after I notice anything suspect after Drag and Drop.

hth,
    T.

TaloConsulting
    Participant

I hate to report back to you on this, but even after manually changing to uppercase… and pressing update. I’m still getting issues.

Here’s the steps:

1 – Visit Local Representation page in my site
    2 – Visit Drag and Drop Tab
    3 – Try modifiing the Unordered List (you’ll notice “This shortcode doesn’t have attributes”)

and all “dd”‘s were manually converted to uppercase “DD”‘s

Thoughts?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘This shortcode doesn’t have attributes’ is closed to new replies.