Bug: Text/HTML element being added

Home Forums Drag and Drop Shortcodes Bug: Text/HTML element being added

This topic contains 20 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ab-themes 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author

ncms
    Participant

I get the same problem. The Text/HTML editor adds all sorts of div, p, and br tags all the time. Usually, I have to use the text/HTML element to the the DnD code, but then go back to the WP Visual and/or Text editor to format. I also can’t get some of the buttons to work on the Text/HTML. The make hyperlink, insert image, font, font size, style, font color, .etc don’t work. The Bold, Italic, strikethrough, bullet, align, outdent, .etc DO work, except for all the added tags mentioned above.

FYI, the added tags don’t show up until you insert shortcode and save changes. When you go back in, all those extra tags show up.

velocityconcepts
    Participant

Its just in the text short code. When I go in to re-edit any text short code it has added <br> between everything. I use the text blocks html area to add in H tags and P tags with classes written as well. Also, I am in Firefox on a Mac if that helps.

If you go to the about page and edit one of those you should see the addition of <br> tags.

ncms
    Participant

Correct the Text/HTML section element, not the WordPress Visual/Text editor.

velocityconcepts
    Participant

Thats what I am doing… Still getting <br>’s added every time I update as I am editing a page.

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Thank you all, this is a lot of useful information.
    I will try all this and probably replace editor used for that element.

velocityconcepts
    Participant

Any Progress on this?

Thank You,
    Teddy

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi,
    we are working on that, currently implementing native WP editor..
    Cheers

milsou
    Participant

Some news please about this problem ?

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Still working on it, we will replace editor so that it adds less tags, but there is also a problem with tags that are added by WP, we are not allowed to remove that feature.
    That can be removed by placing
    remove_filter (‘the_content’,’wpautop’);
    in your functions.php file
    Cheers

velocityconcepts
    Participant

I have wpautop disabled via a plugin…

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bug: Text/HTML element being added’ is closed to new replies.