Redirect after subscribe

Home Forums AB Simple Subscribe WP Plugin Redirect after subscribe

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ab-themes 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

[email protected]
    Participant

Hey guys!

I’m not very code savy, could you help me! Just want to add a redirect after someone submits their email!

ab-themes
    Keymaster

We haven’t tried this, because the simple subscribe works such that it just slides down and shows a success message on subscribe, but in js folder of the plugin there is a ab-simple-subscribe.js file. There after line 22 try adding

complete: function(xmlHttp) {
    	if (xmlHttp.code != 200) {
    	  top.location.href = '/some/other/page';
    	}
    }

where /some/other/page is your redirect page.

[email protected]
    Participant

Thanks guys! I tried it, placed it at line 23 but it didn’t work, it just reloads the page with a /# after the URL instead of the redirect page. Any thoughts? I tried using a url as well as just the page name alone.

I really really appreciate the help, I love everything else about this plugin, but client is not budging on wanting a redirect>

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Try putting the complete URL (with http) and see if it works.

[email protected]
    Participant

So I tried the full url, it just reloads the current page but with a “/#” after the domain.

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Yeah, we are not sure if this would work because it’s not how the plugin was designed.

Try with

complete: function(xmlHttp) {
    	if (xmlHttp.code != 200) {
    	  window.location.href = "/path/to/thankyoupage";
    	}
    }

Again, not sure if this will work because all the solutions for redirect happen on success, and our plugin will store the email to the database on success. You could also try with:

success: function(msg, response){
        if(msg === "OK"){
            $form.animate({ height: '0px' }, 800, function() {
                $form.hide();
            });
            $wrapper.find('.ABss_success_message').delay(400).html(ABss_custom.success).slideDown(600);
            if (response.redirect) {
    	        window.location.href = response.redirect;
    	    }
        }
        else {
            $wrapper.find('.ABss_subscriber_email').addClass('ABss_field_error').attr("placeholder", ABss_custom.error).val('').focus();
        }
    }

This is a customization of the plugin, so, again, we cannot guarantee this will work.

[email protected]
    Participant

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it, first one didn’t work, trying the second, where would I put the URL for the redirect in the second one?

ab-themes
    Keymaster

This is a JSON object, you’d need to have access to the server for it to work.

AJAX redirect is a tricky thing because of how the server handles the request.

[email protected]
    Participant

damn, any recommendation or other plugins you know of that would work?

ab-themes
    Keymaster

No, no idea.

If you can find someone with a bit more knowledge on the subject, they could customize the plugin to your liking.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Redirect after subscribe’ is closed to new replies.