Prefix Icon Classes

Home Forums Dzen WordPress Theme Prefix Icon Classes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ab-themes 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi!

My name is Amy and I’m building a site using wordpress dzen and it uses font icons, but I wish to use the icons I have created, rather than the ones they provided. It was recommended that I use icomoon.com to create the icons and I have done this and downloaded the set.

Now I’m stuck. What do I do next to get them working?
    In one of your forums, tech support says, “after you download font you need to prefix icon classes in font’s CSS with ABdev_” and this is beyond my skillset at the moment.

Greatly appreciate your help,
    Amy

ab-themes
    Keymaster

This is the question we have received on email, but I think that other users could have benefit from it, so I will post reply here :)

Hi,

1. when you download the font from icomoon.io there is fonts folder in downloaded zip file. Copy that folder and paste it to your site (if you are using Drag and Drop plugin paste it in wp-content/plugins/dnd-shortcodes/css/ otherwise paste in wp-content/themes/dzen/css/ – if plugin is installed WordPress uses icons from it)
    2. from downloaded zip file copy style.css, rename it (e.g. my_font.css) and paste it in css folder of plugin/theme
    3. open my_font.css in editor and prefix all .icon- selectors with ABdev_ (you can do Replace .icon- with .ABdev_icon-)
    4. now you need to include that file in WordPress (if you are doing it in plugin do it in wp-content/plugins/dnd-shortcodes/admin/enqueue_scripts.php at line 125, simply change current path css/whhg.css to your new file, css/my_font.css or if you are doing it in theme do same thing in functions.php file at line 165)

SensaCorp
    Participant

Hi! Thank you for the help. Unfortunately, I’m stuck in the first bit. When I “download set” I get a .json file rather than a zip file. Is there something I should be doing differently? Many Thanks!

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Click on the Font button on the bottom – that is what you need to download (not Download set) :)
    Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Prefix Icon Classes’ is closed to new replies.