parallax section with photo background not responsive

Home Forums Dzen WordPress Theme parallax section with photo background not responsive

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ab-themes 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author

mwisse
    Participant

I created a section with a spacer and added a background photo with parallax factor 0,1. When I resize the window on my mac it works fine but on my mobile (iphone, ipad) the parallax section with the photo is not responsive.
    Can you help me?

Kind Regards Melanie

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi,
    could you please explain a bit more. Parallax effect is disabled for iOS devices as on them all animations stops when user scrolls and continues when scroll is completely finished. Then if effect is not disabled user would see background image jumps.
    If this is not what is problem please send us a link of site so we can inspect the problem (you can put it in hidden content).
    Kind regards

mwisse
    Participant

Hi,

Actually it is not a big problem that the parallax doesn’t work on IOS but the images which are used in the parallax section don’t display in the right way on IOS devices.

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks

Melanie

ab-themes
    Keymaster

I will check it on iPad and provide you with solution soon

mwisse
    Participant

Hi,

Did you already find the problem?
    At this point I can’t go live with the site because it doesn’t look good on IOS. I checked on Android and there the photo’s are displayed in the right way.
    Also I would like to know why you can’t make the parallax work on mobile devices. I see a lot of parallax sites which do work mobile.

Thanks
    Melanie

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi,
    we have found the problem and fixed it in an update. Now section background is fully visible on iOS devices.
    Parallax effect is still disabled for mobile, because of the way iOS hadles the scrolls, but if you like to enable it it is easy

in file wp-content/plugins/dnd-shortcodes/js/init.js at lines 6-15 replace this:

$(‘.dnd-parallax’).each(function(){
    var parallax_amount = $(this).data(‘parallax’);
    if(!jQuery.browser.mobile){
    $(this).css(‘background-image’, ‘url(‘ + $(this).data(‘background_image’) + ‘)’);
    $(this).parallax(“50%”, parallax_amount,false);
    }
    else{
    $(this).css(‘background-attachment’, ‘scroll’);
    }
    });

with this:

$(‘.dnd-parallax’).each(function(){
    var parallax_amount = $(this).data(‘parallax’);
    $(this).css(‘background-image’, ‘url(‘ + $(this).data(‘background_image’) + ‘)’);
    $(this).parallax(“50%”, parallax_amount,false);
    if(!jQuery.browser.mobile){
    $(this).css(‘background-attachment’, ‘scroll’);
    }
    });

Cheers

mwisse
    Participant

Great! I will try the parallax!

Can you tel me where I can find the update for the fix?

Regards
    Melanie

ab-themes
    Keymaster

You can download updated theme on
    https://1.envato.market/c/1263328/275988/4415?u=http%3A%2F%2Fthemeforest.net%2Fdownloads
    I think you can simply use this code above and it should work even without update
    Regards!

• This reply was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by  ab-themes.

mwisse
    Participant

Hi,

I just replaced the code in wp-content/plugins/dnd-shortcodes/js/init.js but if I do that the parallax on my desktop doesn’t work anymore.
    Also there is no change on IOS.

Can you help me?

Kind regards melanie

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Please provide me temporary ftp account, type it in Hidden content field. I will fix this for you

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘parallax section with photo background not responsive’ is closed to new replies.