List All Testimonials on a Page as well as Slider in Widget Area?

Home Forums AB Testimonials WP Plugin List All Testimonials on a Page as well as Slider in Widget Area?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ab-themes 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author

bjorn
    Participant

I looked on your forum to see if there is a way that you can list all testimonials as well as use the slider for a widget.

I entered in the code as mentioned in your August 9, 2014 posting.

All of the testimonials now show up on the page, however on the widget, all of the testimonials are also listed (instead of just one) and the slider is not working.

Can you help? (here is the test page – note the widget area as well where I would like the testimonials to have the ‘slider’ effect)
    http://www.bjornsite2.com/testimonials-2/

Thank you in advance for your help!

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi!

Your testimonials are currently set to static, try inserting a shortcode like

[AB_testimonials show_arrows="true" count="-1" style="2" timeoutDuration="5000" play="true" pauseOnHover="immediate"]

bjorn
    Participant

I inserted the shortcode in the widget as noted above – but it is still not forcing the testimonials on the sidebar to rotate, listing all of the testimonials.

As mentioned, I added the following code to the shortcode.php:

Add this line before line 18:
    ‘show_list’=>false,
    And add this line after line 63:
    $wrapper_class = ($show_list) ? ‘ABt_testimonials_wrapper_static’ : $wrapper_class;

Any other recommendations?

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Well did you put also (in the widget where you want the non static widget to appear) in your shortcode:

[AB_testimonials show_arrows="true" show_list="false" count="-1" style="2" timeoutDuration="5000" play="true" pauseOnHover="immediate"]

?

bjorn
    Participant

The problem is not with the page that lists all of the testimonials – it does this with no problem
    http://www.bjornsite2.com/testimonials-2

The problem is in the widget area where now they are not rotating/sliding (the widget area is showing all of the testimonials). The shortcode in the widget area has been set to what you recommended – but it is not working.

Again, I added the short code to the shortcode.php:

Add this line before line 18:
    ‘show_list’=>false,
    And add this line after line 63:
    $wrapper_class = ($show_list) ? ‘ABt_testimonials_wrapper_static’ : $wrapper_class;

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Can you give us the ftp so that we can inspect the issue? It’s kinda hard to go at it ‘blind’, so to speak.

bjorn
    Participant

Sure! FTP is as follows:

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by  ab-themes.

ab-themes
    Keymaster

I’m sorry that we have not mentioned earlier but we will need wordpress account also so that we can test this.
    Thank you.

bjorn
    Participant

Sure no problem – here you go!

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Ok we fixed it for you. All should be working now. The default settings are as follows:

'category' 			=> '',
    		'count' 			=> '8',
    		'show_arrows'		=> false,
    		'show_pagination'	=> false,
    		'style' 			=> '1',
    		'delimiter' 		=> '',
    		'fx' 				=> 'crossfade',
    		'easing' 			=> 'quadratic',
    		'duration' 			=> '1000',
    		'pauseOnHover' 		=> 'immediate',
    		'timeoutduration' 	=> '5000',
    		'direction' 		=> 'left',
    		'play' 				=> 'true',
    		'show_list'			=> false,
    		'class' 			=> '',

So if you need any of the settings to be the same as the default, just leave them out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘List All Testimonials on a Page as well as Slider in Widget Area?’ is closed to new replies.