How to get 5 colums instead of 4 on the "Home Landing Page" Template

Home Forums Jomelle WordPress Theme How to get 5 colums instead of 4 on the "Home Landing Page" Template

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ab-themes 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

amberkdesign
    Participant

Hello,
    I recently bought Jomelle. Thanks for making such a great theme. I have mostly enjoyed using it so far. I am having some problems with customizing my homepage. I am using the “Home Landing Page”, but underneath the slider I need 5 columns instead of 4 like it has now. I also will need to customize the circle icons with my own graphics that will be the same size. I’ve tried and failed so many times I thought it was time to ask here. This is urgent as it is for a client. Looking forward to hearing back! Thanks!

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi,
    5 columns is out of 1/12 grid, so we have workaround for that. Add 5 columns with plus, leave it as is. Then go to section settings and check Equalize 5 option.
    It will make all column same width on frontend. :)
    To change icons with your own graphics you will need to edit it in code as it is made for icon font only. In dnd folder you can find all elements, and there you can find the one that you whish to change.
    Then find <i> tag and replace it with img
    Cheers

amberkdesign
    Participant

Thank you for getting back to me. The first part of this question is resolved (thanks again).

However, I’m afraid I need a little more help with the icon subject. I found the dnd folder, but do not understand what to do after that. :/

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Find the part where the icon is outputed and make conditional if statement. check if the name is some you would like to be image and then output image instead.

amberkdesign
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m sorry, but can we go from: I find the dnd folder, then what…I am very confused as to what you mean after that. Thank you for your help!

amberkdesign
    Participant

Just to make sure we are on the same page, I attached a screen capture of what my icons will look like. They are the same size as the current icons and in the same circles as the icons. They will invert color as well when the button is hovered over, just like the current icons do.

I tried following your directions above, but I’m afraid my code skills are not advanced enough to figure out what you meant. If you could break it down for me from the dnd folder, I would greatly appreciate it. I am under a time constraint for a client :/ Thanks in advance.

ab-themes
    Keymaster

The best way to go is to create your own icons in svg format, then use https://icomoon.io/app/#/select and create your own icon font.
    Then in functions.php file find how whhg is included and include your files same way.
    Then you will be able to use them as icons.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How to get 5 colums instead of 4 on the "Home Landing Page" Template’ is closed to new replies.