Fixed header issues

Home Forums Duelmotion – WordPress Theme Fixed header issues

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ab-themes 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author

katemgilbert
    Participant

Hello, I am developing a site using DuelMotion at the URL below. I am having issues with the fixed header. As you can see, I’ve removed padding because I need header elements to be flush with the top of the page. It all looks good when the site first loads, but as soon as you start to scroll, the padding is added back in and my items are no longer flush with the top of the screen (see donate button). How can I fix this?

I am also having issues with the #dm_header_spacer. It is much shorter than my actual header, and the same issue happens. The page loads nicely, but once I start scrolling, the site thinks the header is only as tall as the spacer, so a large portion of the body content is hidden. Right now I’ve added a temporary bottom margin to the spacer to be able to see my body content for development purposes, but I need to fix this permanently.

Thanks!

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi, this is happening because you made this changes, but it’s ok we will fix this.
    We will need acces to couple of your files in backend and for that we need your ftp credentials.

katemgilbert
    Participant

Hello, thanks for your offer to help fix. The FTP credentials as well as WP admin login are in the private area below.

ab-themes
    Keymaster

We can not log to your ftp, it is constantly rejecting us (access denied) and seeking for re-enter the password.
    Is password that you send to us correct? Do you have any restrictions on server?

katemgilbert
    Participant

I apologize, please use the credentials below. Thanks!

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hm, still nothing.
    It is difficult to fix this when we can not access files.
    We really need to see your backend.

katemgilbert
    Participant

I have reset the password and tested it also. Please try what’s below. Thanks!

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi! We removed the post because you showed the screenshot to the public, just for the security purposes. After we’re done, we recommend you change your password.

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Also do you have some kind of caching plugin installed? Please disable it, since we cannot see any changes we make appear. Also it looks like you have some kind of custom preprocessor for the css, that seems to be adding its own styling.

Please disable the caching plugin so that we can try to fix the issue for you.

Thanks

katemgilbert
    Participant

Thank you. I have disabled the caching plugin. For CSS I am using Simple Custom CSS. If I deactivate that plugin, the problem still persists.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fixed header issues’ is closed to new replies.