Dzen Theme updates: nowhere within the dashboard to update theme settings

Home Forums Dzen WordPress Theme Dzen Theme updates: nowhere within the dashboard to update theme settings

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ab-themes 8 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

reframeable
    Participant

Hi there,

I’ve recently updated the Dzen WP theme on a client’s site. However, there now is no dialogue box anywhere to update things within the actual theme – ie, there’s no area in the dashboard to update the theme’s settings.

Could you have a look into this for me?

I would also like to use the child theme for this site. The child theme has been loaded – but I’m currently using the parent theme until this issue is resolved… Could you also ensure that this is all set up and factored in so that the child theme can be used…

Below are the details for an admin login I’ve set up for you to use.

Thank you

reframeable
    Participant

Hi again –
    A quick update – I’ve had a look again at the theme documentation and I can see that this specifies that theme customisation is done via Appearance → Customize – however, when I go to do this, I get the error message below

Cheatin’ uh?
    You are not allowed to customize the appearance of this site.

Thought that would be useful info to pass on to you…

Thanks,
    Mel

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi,

we tested this with our theme (and with child theme) and we also test this with Twenty Fifteen theme and the same problem continues so should not be a problem in our theme but in some third party plugin.

Please try to deactivated your plugins one by one and then test this. Try to remember what is the last plugin that you installed, and before that installation this has worked.

I hope this help you :)

Cheers

reframeable
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me. The customisation feature was working a few days ago – but it is now not working again.

So this is still presenting a major issue.

I have deactivated any plugins that I installed – and tested all of them one by one – but this problem persists.

I noticed that there are a number of plugins from third parties that seem to have come with the Dzen theme… could one of these be presenting an issue?

Other than that, it could perhaps be due to the fact that I installed this theme last year and then there were no updates made or theme upgrades until this week – I updated the theme to the latest version earlier this week. It is from them that this appears to not be working… I updated the theme by uploading it to FTP rather than by the direct upload method of a zip file within the dashboard’s themes page.

I’ve just deleted the theme and reuploaded it (via FTP) – the issue still persists.

Basically I feel I have done all I can to get this to work – do you mind having another look to see what may be causing this?

Many thanks

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi,
    I have now deactivated all plugins and activated default WordPress theme (twenty fifteen) and the issue is still there.
    That being said, it has nothing to do with our theme or plugins, it is something with your WordPress installation (have you deleted or edited any of core WordPress files), or something with server setup..
    In any case it issue is not related with any of our products..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dzen Theme updates: nowhere within the dashboard to update theme settings’ is closed to new replies.