Customise Theme link missing

Home Forums Revelance WordPress Theme Customise Theme link missing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ab-themes 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

osmondc
    Participant

The customise theme link seems to have disappeared the last time the theme was updated. I’m still able to edit the settings by going to the theme and selecting customise, but some elements are missing out of the theme setting panel (most notably the custom CSS field. I’ve tried disabling all installed addons, however this hasn’t helped resolve the issue.

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi,

have you tried to edit page and then click on Customize? In top left corner.

Look at image in attachment.

Kind regards

osmondc
    Participant

That doesn’t really address my question of why the Customise Theme link disappeared off the left toolbar and how to restore it. Also it doesn’t address the question of why the Custom CSC field isn’t displayed under the general tab. Yes I can see the Customize link after navigating to a page and editing it, but I can also get to this by opening the Theme and clicking Cusotmize, but this doesn’t solve the problem.

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Customise Theme link hasn’t disappeared from the toolbar, now it can be found in here: “Appearance” → “Customize” (this is the original place for the link, according to Customizer API).
    You can restore the link with this code:

function customizer_admin_menu_link() {
        add_menu_page( 'Customize', 'Customize Theme', 'edit_theme_options', 'customize.php', '', 'dashicons-art', 105 );
    }
    add_action ('admin_menu', 'customizer_admin_menu_link');

you need to add this into: wp-content\themes\revelance\inc\customizer\customizer.php file. Add the code directly below <?php .

About Custom CSC field: We need to remove this field because in the latest version of WordPress every input field within the Customizer is escaped.
    For now you can have a custom css field via one of the many plugins.

Best Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Customise Theme link missing’ is closed to new replies.