Child theme issue

Home Forums Jomelle WordPress Theme Child theme issue

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ab-themes 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Eatdrinktalk
    Participant

Child theme will not install properly and cannot activate. Does not recognise parent. How do I fix this?

Reporting also menus are slow to load so it looks like the upload of the demo content is incomplete. I have wiped all and returned to default multiple times because of this.
    My internet speed are fine and this is not the issue.

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi,

unfortunately, we can’t access to your WordPress, it says that you send us invalid username. Please send us correct credentials so we can help you with this issue.

Cheers

Eatdrinktalk
    Participant

The usename issue has been corrected can you please now answer my question? The last thing I want is for any changes to occur to my adjustments when you update the theme.

Can you please provide the child theme I purchased?

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi,

we still can’t access to your WordPress. Please check your credentials so we can help you.

Look at the picture in attachment.

Kind regards

Eatdrinktalk
    Participant

Hi there,

Sorry a little confused between the .com account and the .org account. My apologies.
    Try providing additional instructions of how to find the information YOU REQUIRE next time to save yourself and myself time.
    For those reading this, I was already logged on so just went to my name in the top right corner and went to edit my profile.
    Reset the password to get a new one.

Its taken days to get an answer out of you. Exemplifies pretty bad customer service.
    The issue is not my site but your upload theme. The upload child-theme does not contain enough information to run.

I placed a copy of the documents from the Jomelle theme zip folder into a zip file under the Jomelle-child then ran the file and it works.
    In this country to not provide products you specify is illegal.

Now please answer my question. Why does your child theme not run properly from the onset?
    Why do you provide no instructions of how to fix the issue?

This is a link to my page…

http://www.eatdrinktalkdesigns.com

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Hi,

we have just tested everything on fresh site installation and child theme is working as it should.

The problem with your site is that you have changed parent theme’s folder name from jomelle to katsjomelle-child-1..
    Child theme requires same folder name (only difference between child and parent theme must be sufix -child on child theme folder name)

Cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Child theme issue’ is closed to new replies.