Can't see how to set up my blog

Home Forums IncomeUp WordPress Theme Can't see how to set up my blog

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ab-themes 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

strategiq
    Participant

Hi there,

I have installed the theme but I can’t see how I go about setting up my blog to be http://www.domain.com/blog and then the preferred layout.

Normally I would go to settings/reading and select what page I want my blog to be, but I can’t see anything in the list and when i go to create a ‘blog’ page I can’t see how it would match up to my selected layout.

When I go to categories and click on my pref layout [2 col masonry right sidebar] I can edit the slug to be blog and access the page but the domain is domain.com/category/blog

Can someone help me set up the blog properly ?

Many thanks

ab-themes
    Keymaster

First you must create a category (see the snapshot), after that you can add this category in
    appearance>menu (see another snapshot) and that should be it. The selected layout should be shown in your blog page.

If you want to change slug, you must set your permalinks to /%category%/%postname%/ and then put a period/dot into the Category base form (see another snapshot), this will remove category from the slug.
    While this trick currently works, there’s no telling if it will work in the future.

strategiq
    Participant

Perfect, worked a treat, thanks for your response.

Gav

strategiq
    Participant

On another note, do you know why my content includes code on the main blog page but on the actual post it’s fine? How do I remove this?

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Is the Drag and Drop plugin activated? If it is, that shouldn’t happen.

strategiq
    Participant

Hi there, yes it’s activated. Has been working fine on all other pages, what is also weird is that I have some of your demo blog posts activated and thatt short code isn’t included, it’s only on the new blog posts I create.

ab-themes
    Keymaster

Can you provide us with username and password in private content so we can inspect it more detailed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can't see how to set up my blog’ is closed to new replies.